Which entrance exam should I take before applying to your program: GMAT or GRE?
Neither test is required for entrance into our MPA program. All criteria that will be evaluated on your application can be found on our admissions page.
Are there any prerequisites to apply to the MPA program?
- The Graduate College at the University of Arizona requires a 3.0 GPA and at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. GPA Calculation methods can be found at The Graduate College's website.
What is the deadline to submit an application for admission?
- Information about admissions, including deadlines, can be found on our admissions page.
Can I attend the program as a part-time student?
- Yes, students are allowed to attend as a part time student. Though students attending the program full time will typically complete their degree in two years, students have 6 years to complete the program.
Are classes offered in the evening?
- Yes, all core courses are offered in the evening, between 5:30 pm and 8:00 pm. Courses that are crosslisted with other departments or with 400 level courses are offered on the main campus at various times. Students should not expect to complete many classes from this program online.
Where can I apply?
- View the MPA Admissions page for links to the online application form, along with a list of other requirements for admission.
Is financial assistance available?
- There are several opportunities for financial assistance through UA's Financial Aid Office and the Graduate College. Additionally, the School of Government and Public Policy offers a limited numbers of teaching assistantships and scholarships to highly qualified applicants. Insterested students must apply by April 1 to be considered.
What types of jobs do MPA graduates take upon completion of their degree?
- MPA graduates have been placed at various federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as non-profits and institutions of higher education. Recent graduates have been placed at The Getty Museum in Los Angeles, the Johnson Space Center, the U.S. Secret Service, Capital Research Center in Washington D.C., and the Ohio State University.
How much will it cost to get my MPA?
- Check the Bursars website for the latest schedule of fees.
- Please note that there is a $1250 Program Fee for MPA students, to be paid each semester. This is included in the Bursar's website tuition calculator.
What does the average enrollment look like with the MPA Program?
- Each year, on average 30 to 40 new students come into the program. These students are usually close to equally divided between male and female and represent a diverse population from many regions and countries.
Why should I get an MPA degree?
- Recent data suggests that in this economy, public sector employment is one of the few areas projected for growth. Public sector management faces real challenges in the coming years and an MPA from the School of Government and Public Policy at The University of Arizona will prepare you with the necessary skills to meet real-world challenges and make a difference. Flexible scheduling and evening classes will help you accomplish this at your own pace. Interested applicants can contact SBSfirstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how an MPA can move their career forward.