There are two Student Organizations associated with the School of Government and Public Policy's Master of Public Administration/Master of Public Policy programs.
UA ICMA / UA ICMA Student Chapter Facebook page
Graduate and Professional Student Council
GPSC is an organization run by graduate and professional students that provides grants, events, social opportunities, and advocacy to graduate and professional students at the University of Arizona.
The responsibilities of a GPSC Members include (but are not limited to):
- Attending meetings and providing reports on current events
- Bringing constituent proposals before the GPSC General Council
- Serving on GPSC Internal Committees and University Committees
- Participating in and informing constituents about GPSC related activities and events
- Conducting meetings with students and administrators from the representative’s constituent unit
If you are interested in filling a vacancy, simply complete a GPSC Nominating Petition. You will need to garner signatures from 10 (or more) Graduate or Professional Students within the college you are seeking to represent. Please note that this commitment/opportunity is accompanied by a $1,000 stipend (prorated by months of service), to be paid out four times throughout the academic year. Moreover, it is a real and meaningful chance to improve the lives of our colleagues on campus.
For more information, please visit the GPSC Elections Website. Don’t hesitate to email GPSCExecutiveVP@email.arizona.edu for additional questions.
Other ASUA Sponsored Clubs/Organizations
Additionally, there are many on campus clubs and programs that you are welcome to participate in during your tenure as a graduate student at the University of Arizona.