The University of Arizona ICMA chapter was founded in 2017 as a student affiliate of the International City/County Management Association (ICMA).
Our purpose is to connect students who have an interest in local government to networking and professional development opportunities. We do this through sponsoring student attendance as state, regional, and national conferences; partnering with local municipalities for experiential opportunties; and hosting events where students can connect with the community.
Last year, UA ICMA won 2nd place in the ICMA Best Chapter Event contest. We were recognized for our efforts in co-hosting Ignite 520 with Tucson Young Professionals. We will be working with them on the same event this year.
2019-2020 Student Board:
Amanda Bruno, President
Jeremy Thompson, Vice-President
Mackenzie Letcher, Treasurer
Niya Tawachi, Communications Chair
Angel Galindo, Undergraduate Chair
Benefits of Membership
- Access to job ads in the weekly Leadership Matters Newsletter and in the ICMA Job Center
- Free complementary subscription to ICMA webinars
- An online subscripton to Public Management Magazine
- Access to the members-only online discussion groups: ICMA Connect
- Membership in the ICMA Student Chapters Facbeook group
Work with us!
We love SGPP Alumni! There are a number of ways for alumni to support the UA ICMA chapter. These include:
- Internship/shadowing opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Alumni Board
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to support or join the UA ICMA Chapter!
Facebook: UA ICMA Chapter