You’ve been accepted to the program… now what?

Your official acceptance letter will come from the University of Arizona Graduate College, and will include information on “Accepting your Admission” to the program. This can be done on GradApp, under “My Active Applications.” You will select the appropriate box regarding your decision to accept or decline the offer of admission. This is necessary to be accepted into the program. 

If you plan to attend the Master of Public Administration program at the University of Arizona, it will be important to review the following:

UAccess and Registration
UAccess is the password-protected service used by the University of Arizona that allows you to manage your personal information and register online.  You will need your Student Identification (SID) number and assigned Personal Identification Number (PIN) to create a UA NetID.  Your UA NetID will allow you to access registration and other important resources at The University of Arizona.  You may create your UA NetID at Once you have established a UA NetID, you can log in to UAccess at  Begin by navigating to your "Student Center" to review your personal information therein. 

Once a student NetID is created, a CatMail account is available automatically. Access your account by going to Please keep in mind that when emailing with University of Arizona faculty or staff, your University email address is the official method of communication, for the purpose of maintaining FERPA guidelines.

Arizona Residency
Did you indicate that you should be classified as an Arizona resident for tuition purposes?  In order to be approved for that classification, you must verify your information by completing the Residency Classification process at or contact the Residency Classification Office by phone at (520)621-3636. This can effect tuition costs, so should be checked immediately; you can check your Residency Status on your UAccess Student Center.

Immunization Requirement
Before attempting registration for classes, visit the Campus Health Service website to learn about required immunizations: You will not be permitted to register for classes without proof of Measles and Rubella immunizations on file with the Campus Health Service.  University of Arizona policy requires that all students born after 12/31/1956 meet immunization requirements for both Measles and Rubella.  Campus Health can be reached by phone at (520)621-2384. 

Enrolling in classes
Please review your curriculum at this link: It is highly recommended that you enroll in core courses first, as available. Please see the following link for information on how to add classes on UAccess:

Health Insurance
Complete information on Student Health Insurance, premiums, eligibility, enrollment, deadlines, coverage periods, benefits and exclusions are available at  Enrollment opens upon class registration and ends the 14th day after the official start of classes.  Students will be automatically renewed upon class registration. 

The Graduate College holds a one-day Graduate Orientation prior to the start of each fall semester, usually on the Wednesday prior to the beginning of classes.  Attendance at this half-day Graduate Orientation is not mandatory, but incoming students are urged to attend. You will learn about policies, services, funding resources, meet other incoming students, and connect with the Graduate and Professional Student Council; please see the following link to register for Orientation and learn about GPSC:

New international students are required to attend a mandatory orientation program offered by the International Student Services (ISS) office prior to initial registration.  At orientation, you will receive information regarding advising, registration, fee payment, and obtaining a social security number.  If you are unable to attend orientation, it is imperative that you notify your department head or graduate advisor.  ISS can be reached via phone at (520)621-4627, and on their website at

All Teaching Assistants/Associates:  You are required to learn about UA policies and regulations affecting teaching by reviewing a Policies and Regulations Module online, (TATO—Staying Out of Trouble), and pass a test to verify understanding of these policies.  You may register for TATO at:  You must be enrolled and know your UA NetID to be able to register.  The deadline for completion is two weeks after the start of classes.  Individual Colleges or departments may hold TA training as well, or require additional TATO modules.  Please check with your Graduate Coordinator for additional information.

Graduate Registration Requirements
Graduate students are required to register for 500-level courses and above in order to receive graduate credit.  If you have been admitted to a graduate degree program you must be officially registered every major academic semester (summers not mandatory) until degree completion, in order to meet continuing registration requirements.  Failure to register every major academic semester will require a new application for admission to the Graduate College.  During the fall and spring semesters, you are required to enroll for a minimum of three units of graduate credit.  Nine units are considered full time by the Graduate College but some departments require a higher number of units if you are receiving funding from the University.

To register for classes, please see our Curriculum page, as well as this form explaining how to add a class on UAccess. Please note that we recommend enrolling in core classes first. 

D2L (Desire2Learn)
Some of your professors will use a platform called D2L in order to supplement their in-person class, and some professors will use D2L to teach an online class: If the first day of class is less than 1 week away and you do not see a D2L course site for your class, feel free to contact your instructor via email to see if they will be utilizing this platform.

If you receive a graduate assistantship/associateship, the Graduate College requires that you register for and maintain enrollment of a minimum of six units of graduate credit each semester.  Again, some departments require more than six units if you are receiving financial support through the University.  There is no maximum limit to the number of units for which you can register.  Please consult with your major department for advising prior to finalizing your registration.

Financial Aid
In addition to financial assistance available through your graduate program, the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid offers grants and loans to eligible graduate students.  We urge students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible in order to maximize your funding possibilities. You can file online at In order for your information to be released to the University of Arizona, you must list the University of Arizona Title IV School Code 001083 on the form.  Although your financial aid eligibility is based on income you earned last year, you can meet with a counselor at the UA Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for a re-determination of your aid to reflect your current income as a graduate student.

Financial Aid checks are mailed to LOCAL addresses or disbursed electronically no earlier than 7 days prior to the first day of class.  This amount is the residual aid after registration/tuition/fees have been deducted.  If your student account has a balance due, financial aid funds will be applied to your account balance before any residual amounts are disbursed to you.  Further information from The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid can be found at  You may also check the Finances tab in your UAccess Student Services Center at

Verify your FAFSA by following the instructions on the video at the following link: 

Important Dates, Payment, and Registration Deadlines
Each semester there are important dates and deadlines you should be aware of.  You may access this updated information from the UA Office of the Registrar's website at:  Please review this information carefully.  You must register and pay before the deadlines to avoid any late penalties.  If you are not able to register immediately for all the courses you would like, it is advisable that you pay for all the units you intend to register for by the day classes begin. 

Tuition and Fee Payment
The Bursar's Office is responsible for billing, providing student account information, receiving payments for tuition, fees, and miscellaneous campus charges.  They also deliver refunds and financial aid proceeds and manage delinquent account collection.

You can access their website for a detailed description of payment methods and deadlines at:

Address Changes and Corrections
It is essential that you notify the University of your Local Address as soon as you have one.  Bills, grades, financial aid, fellowship checks, and new information will be mailed to your LOCAL address.  If we do not have a local address for you, information will be mailed to your permanent address.  You may update your address through UAccess at: or contact the Registrar's Office at  Changes may be completed in person or by mail to the:  Office of the Registrar, University of Arizona, PO Box 210066, Administration Bldg., Room 210, Tucson, AZ 85721-0066.

The CatCard is the official University of Arizona identification card.  All students, faculty, and staff affiliated with the University are required to have a CatCard for identification and other purposes.  The CatCard features a digitized photo, digitized signature, SmartChip, and a magnetic strip.  It can be used to purchase a Meal Plan, pay for parking and athletic tickets, obtain a discount at the UA Bookstore if you are a Teaching or Research Assistant, gain access to the Campus Recreation Center, the UA Library system, Student Health Center, and much more.  Complete information regarding the CatCard can be found at:  There will be a $25.00 fee posted to your student account (Bursar Account) for your first CatCard.  Please bring picture ID with you to: University of Arizona, CatCard Office, Memorial Student Union, Room 278, 1303 E University Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85721.  Ph. (520)626-9162.

Parking permits are required to park on campus for all students, faculty and staff.  There are several pay parking garages and limited metered visitor parking.  For more information concerning parking lots, maps, permits, or alternative forms of transportation to campus, please visit the Parking and Transportation's main website at: or contact their office directly at:  Parking and Transportation, University of Arizona, 1117 E 6th St., PO Box 210158, Tucson, AZ 85721. Permit phone number: (520)626-7275. Alternative transportation number: (520)626-7433.

Class Schedule
For a current schedule of classes offered, including dates and times, please go to the following link and click “Schedule of Classes”:

On-Campus Housing
On-Campus housing information can be found at: or by contacting:  Department of Residence Life, University of Arizona, 501 N Highland Ave., PO Box 210182, Tucson, AZ 85721-0182.  Ph. (520)621-6501.

Off-Campus Housing
Off-Campus housing information can be found at: or by contacting their office at:  Center for Off-Campus Students, University of Arizona, Student Union Room 353, PO Box 210017, Tucson, AZ 85721-0017.  Ph. (520)621-5859.

Campus Tours and Visitor Information
Complete listings of tours and visitor information can be found at: General information about the Tucson area is available at or contact the Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce at (520)792-1212.